Welcome to this place of observations, poems and inspirational writings.



Monday, January 10, 2011

My Heart Hurts And So I Look To You



My Heart Hurts
And So I Look to You

I will never succeed.
That’s a given.
I stop and sit
With the taste of your
Wrath in my mouth
And I dare to say thank you.

Even that’s not the point,
Because a devil would do the same.
It’s not enough to be
Grateful for being condemned.
But it’s a start.

This is how I keep
You in my heart.
This is how I have
To feel your presence;
Through pain, through grief.

Otherwise, my attention
Would be elsewhere.
My feet hurt and so
I contemplate them.
Same principle.

My heart hurts
And so I look to you.

Peter Valentyne
January 10, 2011

1 comment:

  1. This might be my favorite. I really love it. Thanks for all of these.

    ReplyDelete